Cycling Buddy

Member | Login with facebook
Forgot password?

Forum > Best Cycle Routes! > river trent ride

Thumb James C.
17 September 2012, 07:22
Hey you seem to know your way around Nottingham, I've just recently taken to road biking in notts and am looking for good loops and occasionally some-one to train with as I want to be doing my first sportive in april next yr. Any advice/good loops?

Reply to this message

Thumb Tony F.
27 August 2012, 08:25
Start at Rainworth,Notts,through Blidworth,Haywood Oaks,cross over A614,pass Oxton golf club,cross over A6097,through Oxton village,turn left at bottom,join A6097 follow for 1 mile,turn left Epperstone,straight on to Gonalston,fork right ,follow small lane over stream,to join A612,to Lowdham,turn left over railway crossing,to Caythorpe,outside of village 1st sighting of River Trent,follow through to Hoveringham,keep following to Thurgarton,turn right onto A612,then 1st right follow to Bleasby,then onto fiskerton,again picking up River Trent,onto Rolleston,Staythorpe,Averham,Kelham,turn left at Fox pub,then 1st right to Muskham,river on right,at junction straight over B6386,round yraffic island into North Muskham,follow through village and over A1 heading towards Caunton,pick up lane on right signed Norwell,moderate climb,with a fast decent into Norwell,junction turn left,then keep straight on to Norwell Woodhouse,keep onto T junction turn right follow to next junction and then turn left towards Knesall,turn left at junction and 1st right, fast decent down Kneesall Hill,at junction turn right follow to Eakring,up Eakring hill,follow through to Bilsthorpe,then Farnsfield,cross A614 up lane to Rainworth,my cateye says 48 miles,in the winter i train on 72inch fixed wheel on this ride,summer time i use gears,for anyone wanting to get a good basic fitness Fixed Wheel is ideal.

Reply to this message

Post your message

Sponsored links

Sponsored links