Cycling Buddy

Member | Login with facebook
Forgot password?

Forum > All About Kit > Chain wobble! why?

Missing Dave G.
01 March 2013, 20:59
Is it too long , it should be around one link longer than the length it takes to go around your large chain ring and your largest cog on your cassette , by passing your derailleur . Hope you get it sorted .

Reply to this message

Thumb Horatio S.
01 March 2013, 18:05
As it happens almost brand new, whole sale chain ring and chain change less than 4 weeks ago, guess that's about 600km.I've also checked chain stretch with my chain stretch tool.All fine. As it happens i took it into the bike shop whilst I was at work and they could not figure out a particular problem. The wheel is still secure in the right position, but thanks for that, it was something worth checking.

Reply to this message

Missing Dave G.
01 March 2013, 17:35
Probably over stretched . How long since you had a new one . If you do change it you have to change cassette as well . Unless you on a horizontal dropout bike , then your wheel could have slipped forward .

Reply to this message

Thumb Horatio S.
28 February 2013, 19:56
Peddling home in daylight for the first time in a while I noticed that my chain was oscillating wildly. Specifically between the big ring and the Derailleur the chain was wobbling horizontally from side to side. Clearly this was much more noticeable above 20kph. Any thoughts as to why this might be happening? thanks for any insight you can offer me. Horatio

Reply to this message

Post your message

Sponsored links

Sponsored links