Cycling Buddy

Member | Login with facebook
Forgot password?

Forum > Starting out! - Need advice? > Which Turbo Trainer?

Thumb Andrew K.
18 September 2012, 08:53
If you want to monitor performance i.e. distance travelled and average speed etc then it would probably be better to buy a set of parabolic roles. Theses also turn the front wheel so if you have a cycle computer attached to your bike then you can record distances etc.

Reply to this message

Thumb Tony F.
23 August 2012, 13:18
I have a CycleOps,trainer and find them very good,as a Time Trialist,I use mine for Interval training sessions twice a week.At the moment i have a broken left collar bone,so i,m using my turbo,s,first broken bone in 56yrs of cycling.

Reply to this message

Thumb Chris W.
23 August 2012, 12:40
I use a Tacx Sirius and it works very well. Seems well made and no issues with it, Was a blessing during the awful weather earlier in the year.

Reply to this message

Thumb Nigel S.
10 July 2012, 11:48
I have just got a Cyclops Fluid 2 trainer which, does not rely on any magnets for resistance instead it uses a flywheel in fluid and thus gets harder the faster you go and replicates more the feeling you get when out on the road.

Reply to this message

Thumb Ali F.
21 June 2012, 21:18
I ave a dislocated finger and fractured wrist and cant ride either my road or mtb! :-( I have borrowed a turbo trainer but need to buy one. Advice recd so far is Lemond Revolution, Elite or Minoura... havent got a clue! Any advice appreciated... would kind of like to monitor performance too?

Reply to this message

Post your message

Sponsored links

Sponsored links